- ReneSola Earnings Preview: What to Look For
(May 12, 13)
- Good Year for Our Short Term Play
(April 14, 13)
- The US Stock Market Will See New Highs in 2013
(January 02, 13)
- 10 Stocks That Could Be Doubled In Value During January Rally
(December 16, 12)
- Monthly Market Review And January Rally
(December 02, 12)
- Top 20 Gainers For The Week Of September 17 - 21, 2012
(September 17, 12)
- The Market - Will We See A Repeat Of 2008 Crash?
(June 26, 12)
- 2012 Will Be a Very Good Year for the US Stock Market
(January 02, 12)
- The Market Will Keep the Momentum in 2011
(January 15, 11)
- The Market Will Have a Good Run Over the Next Two Months
(August 22, 10)
- RAIT Financial Trust - Revisited
(August 14, 10)
- KKR Financial Holdings: A Value Investment Pick
(August 06, 10)
- Are We Going into Another Depression?
(July 05, 10)
- Why RAIT Financial Trust Looks Like a Comfy Investment
(Apr 23, 10)
- CELM - Not All Chinese ADRs Are the Same
(Apr 22, 10)
- Super Star Pick of the Day - PMI
(Mar 31, 10)
- Gold Prices for the Year of 2010 Revisited
(Mar 23, 10)
- The Near Term Outlook for Major Solar Stocks
(Mar 17, 10)
- Value Investing for Your Retirement - Next Pick
(Feb 20, 10)
- The Near Term Trend for Chinese Solar Stocks
(Feb 11, 10)
- Where Will Gold Price be Heading for 2010
(Feb 06, 10)
- Value Investing for Your Retirement - KFN
(Jan 05, 10)
- Super Star Pick of the Day - SANM
(Dec 07, 09)
- Will October's Market Minic September's Comeback?
(Oct 02, 09)
- Sinovac Biotech: Still Worth Owning?
(Sep 21, 09)
- Super Star Pick of the Day - KFN
(Aug 31, 09)
- Super Star Pick of the Day - GCI
(Aug 27, 09)
- Super Star Pick of the Day - RTK
(Aug 19, 09)
- Super Star Pick of the Day - AIG (Aug 08, 09)
- Super Star Pick of the Day - MNI
(Aug 03, 09)
- Market Trend and Our Strategy to Pick Our Next Big Winners
(Jul 25, 09)
- Buying on Fear (Jul 07, 09)
- Hot Stock of the Day - FITB (May 11, 09)
- Hot Stock of the day - BAC
(May 09, 09)
- Hot Stock of the Day - BRCD (May 08, 09)
- Hot Stock of the Day - ASH (May 07, 09)
- Value Investing for Your Retirement - MTL (Feb 01, 09)
- Value Investing for Your Retirement - BK (Jan 17, 09)
- Don't Fall on the Trap of Short ETFs
(Jan 03, 09)
- How Long Will This US Stock Bear Market Last?
(Oct 13, 08)
- Once in a Century Financial Crisis Once in a
Lifetime Investment Opportunity
(Sep 26, 08)
- Buy Open Gap Down at Support
(Aug 26, 08)
Are We Going into Another Depression?
July 05, 2010
In our October 13, 2008 Article, we reviewed all seven bear US stock markets since 1900 and found out that the development of this bear market is very similar to the one we experienced from February 1937 to April 1942.
Now almost two years passed after the publication of our Article, the market trend is still following the February 1937 - April 1942 trend closely. The Chart below showed what has happened sine October 2008. The thik red line gives the trend for the latest 20 months.
1. The bear market started on October 11, 2007 with the S&P 500 index high at 1,576.09.
2. The market reached the bottom on March 6, 2009. The index low was 666.79 a loss of -57.19% from is high. The first phase lasted 16 months.
3. The next 11 months saw the second (bounce-back) phase during the bear market and the market made a +81.62% run and reached a high of 1,211.07 on April 26, 2010.
4. Now we are two and half months into the third phase of the bear market. As of July 2, 2010, we are in a loss of -35.86% from market high of 1,576.09 in the month 30.
5. S&P 500 has so far repeated the Great Depression history pretty well. If we assume that history will continue doing so, we may see flat trend next month or two and may bounce back during Sep - October months and turns down in following months.
6. That means, we are half way into the bear market. We can then make our investment decision based on our observations.